This is an official call out for volunteers for an upcoming Outreach training program in in OMAN.
ISUOG Outreach will be partnering with the Omani Ministry of Health to conduct an ultrasound program on the ground in Muscat, Oman starting 5-9 November 2017. Please find role description below:
Volunteer Trainer (Oman) – Position Description
NB: Due to the nature of the program, we strongly encourage qualified women to apply.
Position: Outreach Trainer – Oman Program Phase I
Purpose: to train local Omani trainees basic skills in OB/GYN ultrasound via theoretical and hands-on training with the intention of honing their skills to become potential local trainers.
Location: Muscat, Oman
Duration: 1 week on the field (starting 5th November 2017) with potential return for one week every 6 months (no more than 3 times in one year for the duration of Phase I).
- Delivering lectures on OB/GYN ultrasound scanning
- Provide hands-on training
- Working with Oman Project Lead and International Development Coordinator to ensure project success via regular communication and feedback.
- Working with on-ground partners and contacts to report any issues during training.
- Engage with trainees part-time post-training to provide feedback and mentorship on scanning capability via email, WhatsApp, Skype, etc.
- OB/GYN ultrasound Practitioner.
- Experience in teaching/training in OB/GYN ultrasound
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Fluency in English
- Cultural sensitivity and consideration
- An open mind and patience.
- Enjoying working as a team
- Current ISUOG member
- Experience working in the Middle East, in particular the Gulf Region (GCC).
- Basic Arabic language skills
- Understanding of the Middle East and cultural dynamics.
If you meet the needs for this role and feel your experience will bring value to the program, we invite you to apply by filling in the Volunteer Application form (found on link by clicking here) and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your CV and a cover letter expressing your interest and how you fit the role no later than Sunday, 18 June 2017. We ask that all submissions be sent with “OMAN OUTREACH” in the subject line.
If you have any questions about the role and the work of ISUOG Outreach, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us.